About Me

Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
I am a second year student from The Henley College. This year I am studying Media A2, Film AS, English Literature AS and Apllied ICT AS. These blogs are to showcase all of my Media A2 coursework. From audience research to planning, script writing to the final film production and gerenal research and revision for my exam. I hope you enjoy looking through my blog.

Friday 26 November 2010

Interview with Ricardo Viela - Character Building Profile

We decided to interview our main characters, Ricardo happened to play two of the three main characters, the geek and the hot guy. We interviewed him to find out about his take on the film itself.

So Ricky, what was it like acting in a film?

It was weird, I’ve never done any acting or drama before, but it was fun. I’m quite an eccentric person anyway so it wasn’t really embarrassing being in front of the camera.

How did you find out about the film?


I’m a friend of Emma’s and saw her facebook status online. I replied to that, afterwards it was just general chatting about what the film was about and who I would play. I was just supposed to play the geeky guy at first but because they were short of actors and people pulled out on them at the last second I was happy to try and do both roles as the geek and the other guy. They just told me it would be edited to look like I was looking at myself, which sounded strange, but they did a good job on the editing.

How did you audition for the role?

I didn’t officially audition, I was sort of a last hope of theirs but I came to The Henley College with Emma and met Kym and they decided I’d be good for the role of the geek, playing the other guy didn’t come until later.

Did you have much say about what you got to do in front of the camera?

Mostly I was directed as to what I should do, but I did have some input. It was easier than I thought because as it’s a silent film I didn’t need to learn any lines but some of the acting was difficult to get right. They would say something quite general and I would just try a few different things until we were all happy, it’s probably the reason we had so many takes of scenes.

What were your thoughts of your costumes?

The costumes were all of my own clothes, except for a hoodie borrowed from Emma and a scarf from Kym for the role of the other guy. I got to choose what I wanted to wear. When I came to audition and meet Kym at the college I just decided to come in quite geeky clothes; an old knit jumper, big glasses, a fur hat, and skinny jeans. From then on, anytime I came in for filming I bought with me or wore those clothes. My role as the other guy was just a simple change to Emma’s hoodie and Kym’s scarf, with the hood up, apparently some people can’t tell it’s the same person in the film when they watch it which is good, but I figured they might because of my hair and piercings. I couldn’t take out my lip piercings so unfortunately they had to stay in, I don’t think they mattered too much though.

What were the downsides to acting in this film?

Well it was freezing cold when we were doing the shoots in the evenings and it meant sacrificing my spare time, also getting the train to Henley cost about £6 every time but I made a commitment to act in their film so I came in as much as I could. The girls worked around me and when I could come in which was helpful because I couldn’t always make it the times they wanted me. So really they sacrificed a lot of their time too.

What was the best part about being in the film?

It was a lot of fun to shoot and watching the playbacks of what we’d done and seeing the final product was great. There were also a lot of funny outtakes we did sometimes to kill time and others just because the scenes had gone horribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment